Specially Formulated For Rapid Ammonia & Nitrite Reduction.
When ammonia levels in your pond exceed 0.8 mg/L and the temperature is over 50 Fahrenheit (10 Celsius). MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II is especially useful when starting up a pond and when nitrite buildup is observed.
MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II quickly establishes the necessary populations required to efficiently cycle nitrogen compounds in the pond, i.e. oxidize ammonia to nitrite, and nitrite to nitrate.
MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II acts within a day or two to lower ammonia nitrogen and nitrate nitrogen levels naturally. In the long run better than non-biological ammonia removal products that have finite capacity and have to be replaced regularly.
MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II is designed specifically for pond waters that contain marine life. Its highly-specialized microbial consortium of nitrifying cultures are specially formulated to eliminate ammonia via a natural biological process termed nitrification. The cultures contained in MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II will establish, promote or stabilize and maintain nitrification in pond waters, eliminating the toxic effect of ammonia.
MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II liquid nitrifying bacteria contains select strains of Nitrosomonas, Nitrospira and Nitrobacter. Nitrosomonas convert ammonia to nitrite and Nitrobacter and Nitrospira convert nitrite to nitrate.
MICROBE-LIFT/Nite-Out II comprises select microorganisms that are autotrophic-able to use carbon dioxide as the sole source of carbon. They are also relatively slow growing, requiring specific conditions for optimum growth with typical cell division rates from 8 to 16 hours. Their performance and rate of growth are impacted by the environmental parameters required for nitrification. They are also highly oxygen-sensitive, requiring high dissolved oxygen levels (greater than 2 mg/L) to achieve maximum growth rates. Nitrite is produced by beneficial bacteria in the pond and the oxidation of harmful waste ammonia excreted by fish. Even though nitrite is not as toxic as ammonia, it is still very damaging to the health of fish.